Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
So apparently tacos are 'trending' right now and as much as I love a good old classic childhood taco (Old El Paso kit), sometimes I crave something a little lighter and fresher. My husband is also temporarily vegan which means I need to get a bit more creative in the kitchen. This was a hit! Not only does it have tons of veggies that help with phase II of liver detoxifcation (cabbage, brussel sprouts and cauliflower) but is also cleverly disguised as a comfort food. Yes, please.
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup oat flour (blend oats)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- corn tortillas
- 1 cup buffalo sauce + 1 tbsp
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (I bought pre-packaged)
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayo +1/4 cup
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado sliced
- Mix oat flour, coconut milk and spices together
- Cover cauliflower florets in the batter and then cover with breadcrumbs
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Mix vegan mayo with juice of 1 lime. Add coleslaw mix and toss.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and toss in buffalo sauce. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix the rest of vegan mayo with 1 tbsp of Buffalo sauce in a side dish (sauce to spread on tortilla
- Apply some of the spicy mayo to the corn tortilla
- Add some cauliflower, coleslaw and avocado and a slice of lime and badda bing - TACOS
*Can be modified to include dairy if desired